The COP26 is the United Nations Conference on Climate Change 2021. The 26th annual summit takes place in Glasgow, Scotland, from October 31st to November 12th.
For three decades, the UN has brought together all countries for global climate summits, called COP, which means “Conference of the Parties.” During this period, climate change has gone from being a marginal issue to a global priority.
Prior to COP26, the United Kingdom was dialoguing with all nations to agree on how to address climate change. World leaders arrived in Scotland with tens of thousands of negotiators, government representatives, companies, and civil society to experience entire days of conversations and agreements.
The Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy (GCoM) and its partners will hold various events during COP26. You may find below details about these events.
- Mobilizing Urban Climate Finance through the City Climate Finance Gap Fund. 11:00-12:30 GMT – Register here.
- Urban-LEDS. 10h (Glasgow). LGMA Pavillion. Register: https://bit.ly/3DU5bcf
- Subnational governments’ voice being heard: learning from the Edinburgh Declaration – 14:30h Glasgow #LGMA Pavillion. Register: https://bit.ly/3DU5bcf
- Accelerating and financing the implementation of local Climate Action Plans in Latin America. 17:30 GMT – Livestreamed here.
- Gulbenkian Foundation’s prize for Humanity Ceremony EC Broadcast Studio. 11:30 – 12:30 GMT. Register here.
- Mission Innovation Urban Transitions Mission Event. 14:00 – 16:00 GMT. UNFCCC Global Innovation Hub; Livestreamed here.
- Localizing the NDCs: how do we fund and implement action at scale? 14:30-15:30 GMT. Hybrid event at the EU Pavilion; Register here.
- Accelerating climate action in medium and small municipalities committed to the GCoM: looking at good practices across Americas. 16:30h (GMT) – 13:30 (ARG) – 11:30 (EDT) – LGMA Pavillion Register: https://bit.ly/3DU5bcf
- From Mission to Action: U-turn to sustainable mobility. 17h (Glasgow) ▶ German Pavilion, link: https://german-climate-pavilion.de/login